Add some celestial effects to your tone with this modulated delay.
The EarthQuaker Devices Space Spiral V2 is a dark and dreamy modulated delay designed to take you across the highways of fantasy. While the delay may be designed around a dawn of digital echo processor, the sound is out of this world, man. If you are a fan of the dreary echoes produced by old oil can delays or the ethereal sound of a well-loved tape delay, the Space Spiral is totally going to tickle your tone bone.
The Space Spiral’s delay time ranges from a tight 30 ms to a fast and loose 600 ms. Can you imagine having 600 ms of delay time at your fingertips? Out of this world! With all of this adjustable delay time, you create anything from a classic slapback to a rhythmic wash of cosmic proportions. You want to take it even further? Maybe to an astral plane? Crank up the repeats and let the infinite oscillation of the Space Spiral take you to the other side.
The Space Spiral also comes equipped with a powerful on-board modulation engine to take your tones to new zones. Feeling dangerous? Crank up the Depth and let that signal stretch into wild new dimensions! Wanna go further out on the edge with hotter intensity? Use the Shape control to morph the waveform from triangle to square and the Space Spiral will be spreading out her wings, jumpin’ off the track and shovin’ into overdrive. Is it moving too slowly for you? Can you feel the Space Spiral beggin’ you to touch and go? Use the Rate control to adjust the speed to your taste. Get those classic Leslie tones you crave. Get those wild pitch bends you dream about. Make the rate a subdivision of the delay time and fly away to the bright side of the moon.
The Space Spiral has a completely analog dry signal path, totally digital delay path and electronic relay-based true-bypass switching. It is powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel and has a current draw of 50ma.
Each and every Space Spiral is built by hand in Akron, Ohio
- Time: Delay time goes from 30ms to 600ms; Clockwise for long and counterclockwise for short.
- Repeats: Controls the regeneration of the delay signal. Repeats increase clockwise and gradually begin to build into self-oscillation around 3 o’clock. This oscillation will infinitely continue until the Repeats control is brought back down below the 3 o’clock threshold. These oscillations will last even when the pedal is in bypass mode.
- Mix: Blends the delay signal in with the dry; Clockwise for more and counterclockwise for less.
- Depth: Controls the desired amount of modulation; Clockwise for more and counterclockwise for less.
- Shape: Morphs the wave shape from a soothing triangle shape to a choppy square shape as you turn clockwise.
- Rate: Controls the speed of the modulation; Clockwise for fast and counterclockwise for short.
Can you believe it? No one has said anything about this product. Please feel free to leave a review about a product you have tried.